Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Searching for "Carters" in Kent

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

ONY

ONY Report 22 Jul 2008 00:59

I was wondering if anyone had any information on any Carter links in Kent. My partners dad was Frederick Harden but his mothers maiden name was Carter. We do not know her first name or the name of the person she married (his grandfather). Frederick was from Sheerness (Sheppey). Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.

Julcoe

Julcoe Report 22 Jul 2008 03:30

Fredericks birth certificate should have both parents full names, (mothers full maiden name)

Do you know when and where Frederick was born ?

OK found it

NAME .. HADEN, Frederick J.
YEAR .. 1932
QUARTER .. Jan-Feb-Mar
DISTRICT .. Sheppey
Vol. .. 2a
Page .. 1680
Mothers maiden name .. Carter

Was he their eldest child ?

ONY

ONY Report 22 Jul 2008 06:05

Hiya again Julie, many thanks for your reply....yes we already have the information about Frederick Percy Harden although i see the one you found is Frederick J Haden. Although the birth dates and places are correct, as is the mothers maiden name.... and yes we believe him to be their eldest child. He is the eldest out of the three.....not sure if there were any others.
Your time and help is much appreciated, thanks.

jansmith

jansmith Report 22 Jul 2008 06:40

If this is a brother and the intials are right you could always send for this cert. to get parents details
Dennis P.J Harden
mmn Carter
Sheppy
vol 2a
page1678
quarter mar 1934

Langdon Lass

Langdon Lass Report 22 Jul 2008 08:31

This could be a possibility for the parents marriage -

LL

Marriages Sep 1914
CARTER Lilian M Harden Sheppey 2a 2319
Harden Edward P Carter Sheppey 2a 2319

There are a number of Harden/Carter births, don't know if they are connected though or whether it is a total coincidence.

Births Mar 1915
Harden Edward A mothers maiden name Carter
Sheppey 2a 1916

Births Mar 1921
Harden Horace P mothers maiden name Carter
Sheppey 2a 1911

Births Jun 1923
Harden Betty E mothers maiden name Carter
Sheppey 2a 1852

Births Dec 1929
Harden Derick P mothers maiden name Carter
Sheppey 2a 1586

Langdon Lass

Langdon Lass Report 22 Jul 2008 08:40

Just in case it is the right marriage - this looks like Edward P Harden's birth.

LL

Births Sep 1891
Harden Edward Percy
Sheppey 2a 890

There are a lot of Lilian M Carters born in Kent around that time but only one on Sheppey. It would have made her very young to be married though.

Births Sep 1898
CARTER Lilian Mabel Sheppey 2a 936

ONY

ONY Report 22 Jul 2008 16:12

Yes Janice that seems to be his brother, although we found him with just Dennis P Harden. We ordered my partners dads (Frederick Percy Harden) birth cerificate online last night but not sure if we will get all the details on the £7 one....or do you have to ask for a full one?

ONY

ONY Report 22 Jul 2008 16:45

Wow thanks for that list Langdon Lass....not sure if they are connected but certainly very grateful to you for finding them. Gives me and my partner something to go on and to check out. If they were connected it would be great. A big thank you once again as all help is very much appreciated. We are new to this and dont seem to be getting very far at all.

Kevin

Kevin Report 30 Dec 2018 22:01

Hi was any information found about Frederick harden of sheerness thanks

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 30 Dec 2018 22:33

Anything that was found over 10 years ago is on this thread

Are you looking for research help?

Kevin

Kevin Report 30 Dec 2018 23:23

Hi just found the post and trying to find out if they found any info as what I have seen I’m pretty sure it’s my family there talking about any help would be great thanks

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 31 Dec 2018 09:02

You could try making direct contact by clicking on the poster’s name and sending a message through GR.

If the registered email is still valid, GR will send notification.

Alternatively, tell us what you know, and what you want to find and help will no doubt be forthcoming

Kevin

Kevin Report 31 Dec 2018 09:53

Hi I sent a private pm yesterday the man there speaking about is my mums dad carter was his mums last name and the others that are listed are brothers and sister of Frederick we are not sure who the person is that that is searching or even if there still on the sight I hope they are

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 31 Dec 2018 11:23

1939 Register confirming previous findings. Arthur C Turner is actually in the previous household, not living with the Hardens.

Turner Household (10 People) [Should be Harden Household]
54 Victoria Street , Sheerness U.D., Kent, England

FIRST NAME(S) LAST NAME(S) DOB SEX OCCUPATION MARITAL STATUS SCHEDULE SCHEDULE SUB NUMBER
Edward P Harden 18 Jun 1891 Male Messenger & Caretaker Married 214 2
xx Arthur C Turner 16 Dec 1925 Male At School Single 214 1
Lilian M Harden 17 Jun 1897 Female Unpaid Domestic Duties Married 214 3
Mary L Harden 19 Sep 1916 Female Unpaid Domestic Duties Single 214 4
Sorry, this record is officially closed. Check if you can open a closed record.
Derick P Harden 02 Oct 1929 Male At School Single 214 6
Frederick P Harden 20 Jan 1932 Male At School Single 214 7
George P Harden 06 Dec 1936 Male Under School Age Single 214 9

xx added to wrong household.
Image clearly says that Frederick has the middle initial of P. Perhaps they changed their minds after the birth registration?

Kevin

Kevin Report 31 Dec 2018 12:11

Hi yes thanks for the info yes Frederick Percy harden is my grandad the others are brothers and I think Lilian is his mum I’m new to this so not really sure on what I’m doing but hoping the person looking for him or info replies to the message but it was around 10 years ago it was put on there

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 31 Dec 2018 12:28

The original poster was living in Sheerness in 2010.
I don't see any sign of her after that.

One of Frederick's sons was listed at the same address in 2009, but I don't see him after that.
He was widowed in 2005. (If I've got the right person.)

The house does not appear to have been sold since then - but maybe they were renting.

They have probably both opted out of the public ER.
They're not in the BT phonebook - at least not in Sheerness.

Of course it's possible the OP may no longer have any connection with the Harden family.

Kevin

Kevin Report 31 Dec 2018 12:54

my Grandad died 2001 he lived 82 Victoria street but he also lived and moved from different address in Victoria street he had brothers and sisters that was in the same road as well we have lived at 82 since 2003 my grandad Frederick Percy harden has sons Paul,David,Robert,Frederick,daughters caroline,pat, sharon, but all the info at the top is his mum dad brothers and sisters so must be talking about the same person be nice to find out more thanks for your info

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 31 Dec 2018 13:00

Was one of your uncles widowed in 2005 - as in my last post?
And moved house in 2008-9?

If so, it's his partner (at least in 2008-10) who started this thread.
Even if they are no longer together, you can ask your uncle if they found out anything more.

I'm not mentioning names of living people on here, but hopefully you'll be able to figure out which uncle I mean.