Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Tommy/Thomas clarke HELP

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Rebecca

Rebecca Report 14 Mar 2008 22:10

Im trying to find out about a thomas clarke we were told his namne was tommy but we cant find anything about a tommy so im guessing it must be thomas.
All we know is he married Annie we dont know her maiden name and they had a daughter called mildred in 1903 dont know if there are any others.
I really need help with this because we cant find any way of finding out annies maiden name for starters because it is not listed on mildreds birth we seem to have hit a brick wall now so any help would be great also there are that many thomas clarkes its a nightmare.
thanks
Rebecca

GRMarilyn

GRMarilyn Report 14 Mar 2008 22:36

Hi Rebecca,
Where was Mildred born?
Only there are four Mildred Clarke's in b 1903

Regards
Marilyn

val1963

val1963 Report 14 Mar 2008 22:42

Rebecca

could it be this the marriage:

Name: Thomas Clarke - Annie Foulkes
Year of Registration: 1903
Quarter of Registration: Jan-Feb-Mar
District: Warrington
County: Cheshire, Lancashire
Volume: 8c
Page: 236 (click to see others on page

Is this the birth for Mildred

Name: Mildred Clarke
Year of Registration: 1903
Quarter of Registration: Apr-May-Jun
District: Barton Upon Irwell (1850-1934)
County: Lancashire
Volume: 8c
Page: 716 (click to see others on page)

To be sure of Annie's maiden name you need Mildred's birth cert

Val

**Ann**

**Ann** Report 14 Mar 2008 22:53

Rebecca,

Are you saying there is no mothers name on Mildreds birth certificate?

Ann H

Rebecca

Rebecca Report 15 Mar 2008 13:33

I havnt got a birth certificate for mildred but i think thats what is going to have to be done, i mean there is no mothers maiden name on the birth documents you can see.
I noticed there was only 2 mildreds one in swansea and one in barton upon irwell how do i know which is the right one?
The amount of thomas clarkes that married annies is unreal, very strange.
weve tried looking at the census but its too early for mildred to be listed and without knowing any brothers or sisters names that wont lead us to thomas and annie either
Thanks for helping
Rebecca