Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Clarke

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Bumpkinduchess

Bumpkinduchess Report 19 Nov 2006 18:23

If anyone knows anything about the family of TOM ROTHERHAM CLARKE please get in touch. All I know is that he married Hannah nee Chapman of HARTWELL Northants. I've no idea where Tom was born. I believe that he spent some time in a sanitorium or assylum maybe in Northampton. His children William, Francis (known as Nance) and Elsie (Elsie was born 17/06/1905 ) spent time in a childrens home in I believe in London whilst their father was taken away from the family. They returned to their mother, I think after their fathers death. There were other children born to the family, I think they were Elizabeth, Florence and Bobby. (Bobby died either as a baby or a young child.) Tom possibly died in the sanitorium or assylam or wherever he went. Not sure quite why he was there, some stories report he was caught stealing others say he was abusing his children. I would love to know all about him. His daughter Elsie was my grandmother.