Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Finding Ancestor

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Peter

Peter Report 19 Aug 2008 14:36

Can anybody help in tracking of A Stephen William Collins InIslington London.Prior 1935 Stephen was the son of Patrick Collins And the Father of Thomas Charles Collins. Any information on Mothers name and Brothers and Sisters Would help.
Kind Regards Spanish.

Peter

Peter Report 22 Aug 2008 15:54

This Patrick is too Late as His son would have been
About this date and his grandson Thomas Charles was born 1909. I have been stuggling to even find Stephen William Collins on any Record so I am Asking anybody who is Good at Hunting People Down Please try this one.

Kind Regards Peter

PaulaW

PaulaW Report 22 Aug 2008 17:04

Have you seen this???

Michael COLLINS Head M Male 44 Ireland Bricklayers Labourer
Catrine COLLINS Wife M Female 43 Ireland Laundress
Patrick COLLINS Son U Male 18 Islington, Middlesex, England Bricklayers Labourer
Sarah COLLINS Daur Female 14 Hammersmith, Middlesex, England
Jeremiah COLLINS Son Male 9 Hammersmith, Middlesex, England Scholar
Roger COLLINS Son Male 7 Hammersmith, Middlesex, England Scholar
Norah COLLINS Daur Female 4 Hammersmith, Middlesex, England Scholar
Sarah MC CARTHY Lodger U Female 40 Brixton, Surrey, England Laundress

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Source Information:
Dwelling 15 Hunt St
Census Place London, Middlesex, England
Family History Library Film 1341014
Public Records Office Reference RG11
Piece / Folio 0063 / 119
Page Number 14

Peter

Peter Report 23 Aug 2008 16:51

Many Thanks for your Search! but there is no date for the year this Census was taken therefore I can't relate any part to my Relatives...therefore if you can Please reply with the date I would help no end..

Kind Regards Peter

Pam

Pam Report 23 Aug 2008 16:59

1881 England Census
about Norah Collins
Name: Norah Collins
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1877
Relation: Daughter
Father's Name: Michael
Mother's Name: Catrine
Where born: Hammersmith, Middlesex, England

Civil Parish: Harmmersmith
County/Island: London

Street address: 15 Hunt St
Education:

Employment status:

Registration district: Fulham
Sub registration district: St Paul Hammersmith
ED, institution, or vessel: 41
Neighbors:
Household Members: Name Age
Catrine Collins 43
Jeremiah Collins 9
Michael Collins 44
Norah Collins 4
Patrick Collins 18
Roger Collins 7
Sarah Collins 14
Sarah Mc Carthy 40

Source Citation: Class: RG11; Piece: 63; Folio: 119; Page: 14; Line: ; GSU roll: 1341014.

Pam

Pam Report 23 Aug 2008 17:05

A possibility ?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Births Jun 1905 (>99%)

Collins Stephen William St. Geo. East 1c 317

Peter

Peter Report 25 Aug 2008 16:25

Hi Pam and Firstly Many thanks:
But this still does not make any sense as first Stephen William was Born aprox 1876,as his son my Father Thomas Charles was Born 1908,
Therefore Patrick as shown above would only be 13yrs old When he had a son Stephen William.
This can't be our Patrick..
Could you have another Dig, Please
Kind Regards: Peter

Pam

Pam Report 25 Aug 2008 21:21

What about this one ?

Births Sep 1876 (>99%)

COLLINS Stephen William Islington 1b 251

You can try searching by using

http://freebmd.rootsweb.com it is free

Pam

Pam Report 25 Aug 2008 21:39

If you have access to Ancestry.co. there are three family trees featuring Stephen William Collins born 1876 Islington. Two are private trees one is public.

Pam

Pam Report 25 Aug 2008 21:45

Surname First name(s) District Vol Page

Marriages Dec 1900 (>99%)

Collins Stephen Islington 1b 398
Mabley Lizzie Kate Islington 1b 398
Mabley Lizzy Kate Islington 1b 398

PaulaW

PaulaW Report 25 Aug 2008 22:50

Peter my listing was also the 1881 Census

Peter

Peter Report 16 Sep 2008 14:55

Hi all : my Search of the Ancestry website shows 3 Stephen William Collins's, 2 from Islington London,.
One From West ham, & one Stephen Collins From Islington, London,. Dates 1897/1876/1903 & 1900.
as the date I estimated as 1976 based on the date of my Fathers Birth 1908 it does narrow the field down a little but If I can find the Childrens names on a record somewhere I have two names so I can match them to find the Original Stephen William Collins. Can anybody help in this Quest?????

Kind Regards Peter

Peter

Peter Report 17 Sep 2008 14:35

Hi Everybody:
Can anybody tell me? is there a website that shows a Birth certificate before you buy?
Is there a geneoligy site that after entering a Persons name it displays a Family Living in that residence at the time of a census Taken..
as there are more than one Person with the same name in the same district it would be easy to locate a missing Ancester..
Kind Regards..Peter