Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Charles and Annie Collins (nee Dobson) - Croydon

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sarah

Sarah Report 12 Sep 2008 21:31

I'm trying to find relatives of Charles and Annie Collins.

Charles was born in Finsbury, Wilts in 1876 and Annie (nee Dobson) was born in Bradford on Avon, Wilts in 1875.

They were married in Bradford on Avon in 1900 and Charles father is listed as William Collins, Labourer. At the time of their marriage Charles is listed as living in South Croydon and according to the 1901 census they (Charles and Annie) were living at 39 Purley Road, Croydon - they had no children living with them at this time.

I know that Annie had an illegitimate daughter, Edith, born in 1893 (my great grandmother), and she was brought up by Annie's parents Reuben and Sarah Dobson, in Bradford on Avon. What I'd like to find out is whether Annie had any children with Charles.

Can anyone help me please?

Tania

Tania Report 12 Sep 2008 22:00

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Births Sep 1911 (>99%)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

COLLINS Francis F Dobson Croydon 2a 491

Tania

Tania Report 12 Sep 2008 22:02

Births Dec 1915 (>99%)

COLLINS John DOBSON Croydon 2a 411

Births Jun 1918 (99%)

Collins James Dobson Croydon 2a 399