Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

THE COLLINS FAMILY

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Gail

Gail Report 7 Aug 2010 12:56

James Collins (b1859 Brighton) married Elizabeth Hewitt or Hewett in Fulham in 1884. They had children: Florence Elizabeth (1884 Hammersmith), Arthur James J (1886 Willesden), William Percy (1887 Willesden), Ada Rose (1889 Willesden), Herbert Albert (1894 Willesden), Edith May (1894 Willesden), Ellen Louise (1896 Willesden), Winifred Henrietta (1899 Willesden), Sydney Albert (1900 Willesden), Frederick (c1904 Willesden)

1911 census shows James and Elizabeth, along with Arthur, Herbert, Edith, Ellen, Winifred, Sydney and Frederick, living at 58 Mayo Road Willesden. But I cannot find Florence, William or Ada. Could someone please have a look for me?

Also. I don't have Arthur or Edith on 1901 (rest of the family are recorded at the same address as 1911). Any help here would be great.

I know that Winifred married Edward White in Willesden 1918...she died in 1956 in Nottingham. I don't have death or marriage details for any of the other members of the Collins family.

Any help gratefully received

Thanks in advance

Gail

Flick

Flick Report 7 Aug 2010 13:02

According to the image of 1911 census, they have had 18 children, of whom 8 have died

Perhaps the ones you can't find in 1911 are among those who have died

Mike *

Mike * Report 7 Aug 2010 13:02

Have you looked on freebmd for marriages and deaths?
That's were the researchers would look.

It's free to use.

Flick

Flick Report 7 Aug 2010 13:08

Florence was probably married by 1911....if she didn't die.

Gail

Gail Report 7 Aug 2010 13:17

Thanks both

I didn't pick up on the number of children stated in the census so that may help

Yes, I have looked on freebmd for merriages and deaths but cannot find anything.

Also looked on ancestry for 1901 and 1911 census informaion but cannot find. Hence my pleas for help!

Thanks again

Gail

Flick

Flick Report 7 Aug 2010 13:32

Have you discounted the marriage in 1907 for a Florence Elizabeth?

Flick

Flick Report 7 Aug 2010 13:39

I'm guessing that you have an Ancestry sub..........

Did you miss this one?

Name: Herbert A Collins
Death Registration Month/Year: 1968
Age at death (estimated): 74
Registration district: Wandsworth
Inferred County: Greater London
Volume: 5e
Page: 669

Only a suggestion.................

Gail

Gail Report 7 Aug 2010 13:42

Thanks Flick

I completely missed the death for Herbert!!

Regarding the marriage of Florence Elizabeth 1907, there are 2...one in Edmonton and Lewisham...don't know which one is the right one (if any!)

I did have a sub for Ancestry but it has run out now...am hoping to renew on pay day if finances allow....blooming recession!!

Thanks again

Gail

Gail

Gail Report 8 Aug 2010 00:20

just nudging up to see if night time people can help...hope that's ok

Thanks

Gail

Flick

Flick Report 8 Aug 2010 09:45

You should be able to check 1911 census for Florence.........cross-referencing with the marriage info.......

Flick

Flick Report 8 Aug 2010 09:53

????

Name: Sydney Albert Collins
Birth Date: 8 Oct 1900
Death Registration Month/Year: 1983
Registration district: Lewisham
Inferred County: London
Volume: 14
Page: 0711

Gail

Gail Report 8 Aug 2010 14:34