Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1911 cen

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Alan

Alan Report 5 Nov 2010 13:44

hi.looking for ada collins born 1898,clapham london,oparents were thomas collins and rachel ?.THANK TYOU

MarieCeleste

MarieCeleste Report 5 Nov 2010 13:47

COLLINS, Thomas Father Married M 40 1871 Waiter Pimlico London
COLLINS, Rachel Mother Married 13 years F 40 1871 London Pimlico
COLLINS, Ada Daughter Married F 13 1898 School Battersea London
COLLINS, Frederick Son Married M 10 1901 School Battersea London
COLLINS, Florance Daughter F 8 1903 Battersea London

RG number:
RG14 Piece:
2175 Reference:
RG14PN2175 RG78PN74 RD26 SD1 ED32 SN215

Registration District:
Wandsworth Sub District:
East Battersea Enumeration District:
32 Parish:
Battersea

Address:
20 St Philip Street Battersea County:
London

Alan

Alan Report 5 Nov 2010 13:50

hi anne marie.thank you for this,this is another part of my family i kmow little about.alan

MarieCeleste

MarieCeleste Report 5 Nov 2010 13:59

Alan, is there anything else you're trying to find out about this side of the family?

MarieCeleste

MarieCeleste Report 5 Nov 2010 14:04

Her baptism record:

London, England, Births and Baptisms, 1813-1906
about Ada Ellen Collins
Name: Ada Ellen Collins
Record Type: Baptism
Estimated Birth Date: abt 1898
Baptism Date: 20 Feb 1898
Father's name: Thomas Collins (Waiter)
Mother's name: Rachel Collins
Parish or Poor Law Union: Battersea St Philip
Borough: Wandsworth

MarieCeleste

MarieCeleste Report 5 Nov 2010 14:10

Her parent's marriage:

London, England, Marriages and Banns, 1754-1921
about Thomas Collins
Name: Thomas Collins (Waiter)
Estimated birth year: abt 1869
Spouse Name: Rachel Harvey
Spouse Age: 27
Record Type: Marriage
Marriage Date: 19 Apr 1897
Parish: St Philip, Battersea
County: Surrey
Borough: Wandsworth
Father Name: Thomas Collins (Decorator, deceased)
Spouse Father Name: Thomas Harvey (Waiter)

Alan

Alan Report 5 Nov 2010 17:56

hianne marie.thanks for this information,there was a brother willamborn 1863,st james westminster,amnd a sister louisa born 1868 in st james,their was another brother edward who was my grandfather my mother never new any of his family, that why i know very little about them.am getting myself a bit mixed up now,these were all brothers and sister of thomas not ada.any info on them would be great, and sorry to take so long to get back to you as i had to go back to work at 2 o clock.alan

MarieCeleste

MarieCeleste Report 5 Nov 2010 18:36

Hello Alan, so Ada was your grandad's niece? But it's Thomas's siblings (inc your grandad) and parents you want to investigate?

Could you let me know when Edward was born (and who he married) so can make sure looking for right family on census.

Alan

Alan Report 5 Nov 2010 20:06

i anne marie.yes ada was edwards niece, i know about this side of the family as it is my mothers side, it is only now louisa and william i know nothing about ,sorry its my fault i should have made myself clearer, any info on them would be great.regards alan

MarieCeleste

MarieCeleste Report 5 Nov 2010 20:32

Alan, for the time being I'm struggling to find the right Louisa and William - there are a lot of Collins!

I'll throw this open to the rest of the helpers as some fresh eyes might find something!

Alan

Alan Report 6 Nov 2010 11:31

hi anne marie.ok thanks for your help.But something is puzzling me, on your message ref parents marriage, i see that spouses fathers name was thomas harvey, is the other father name(thomas collins decorator deceased ),the father of thomas and edward and ada , if so i have been looking at the wrong collins family , i am asorry to be a pain but this is driving me nuts,regards alan