Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Searching for Collins/Dudley of Peckam

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Robin

Robin Report 8 Oct 2007 15:29

I am trying to trace relatives of Charles Collins, born in London (Peckham/Camberwell) aound 1886. His parents were James & Susan Collins and Charles had several brothers & sisters including my maternal grandmother May Victoria Collins (1893-1987).
The 1901 Census showed he lived with his parents and siblings at 189 Peckham Park Road Camberwell (Parish).
Charles emigrated to New Zealand around 1919 and later became a Member of Parliament in NZ and that is as far as I can get.
I have some information on his siblings and and also for the family that my Grandmother married into - Arthur Dudley being her husband (1891-1974) who was also a very well known eccentric dancer and Dame Comedian on the club circuit from around 1912-late 1930s, although he did appear with his father (George) when he was 7 years old! I would like to hear from anyone who may have family connections with the Collins or Dudley families as they lived very close to each other. The Dudleys lived at 34 Frankton Road CAmberwell in the 1901 Census.

Thank you Robin

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 18 Aug 2008 18:18

hi robin
I my self am trying to trace my farther his name is James Collins and lived in peckham south London England and married Dorthy may Armstrong in 1949 and had children James 1950 martin and Jacqueline 1955. my mother and father went there ways in 1956 martin and Jacqueline was put in to a home in 1955/56 .taken out in 1958. by mother.James lived with his grandmother .(armstrong )
Any information would be of help he wold be about 80 years old now
thank jacqueline