Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Cowieson

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Alexandra

Alexandra Report 23 Feb 2007 20:33

Trying to find any relatives of James Cowieson born 1919, died in 1944. James was born in Scotland and was my Mother - Gertrude Jones's first husband.I know that he had a sister named Jessie Cowieson. James and my Mother had one child Evelyn Davina Smith Cowieson, my half sister. She died in 2002. I would like to regain contact with her Cowieson family to inform them of her death and put her children in contact with them. Thank you for any inormation you can provide. Alex Phillips

Alan

Alan Report 20 May 2019 15:43

Jim did indeed have a sister named Jessie and also 6 other siblings, although Dennis had died in the early 1920s, only a few months old. the others were:

Annie (Gibson), the oldest, (died 1998), mother to me (Alan) and my sister, Ray.
Alexander, (died 1972), father to Russell and Marjorie.
Jean (Greening), (died 1966), mother to Stanley and Kathleen
David, (died 1942), father to David (Nicky)
Jessie, (died over 10 years ago), no children, but had stepchildren after marriage later in life.
Betty, (died 1978), no children.

All the siblings are still alive. I am in High Wycombe, my sister is in Wombourne, Staffs. Nicky is in Montrose. Russell is in Dunoon. Marjorie is in Texas. Stanley is in Hope, near Vancouver and Kathleen is in Toronto.
Best wishes,
Alan Gibson,
Tel. 01494-534087 / 07879-690575

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 20 May 2019 15:49

Welcome to the boards, Alan.

Alex posted that message 12 years ago, and isn't likely to be looking for replies here now.
You can try contacting her by sending a personal message - click on her name in green at the top of her post. If she has kept her email address updated with GR, they will notify her of your message.

No guarantees that she'll be able or willing to read it or reply to it, though, for many possible reasons.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 20 May 2019 16:25

Alan

Please - for your own safety - remove your phone numbers

In any case, they are not allowed on the boards