Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Alexander Cunningham c1870 & John Cunningham c1903

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Andrew

Andrew Report 4 Dec 2008 17:03

Hi,
I'm trying to find information about ancestors & possible descendants/relations of Alexander Cunningham born c1870. Also of his son John Cunningham, born c1903 in Scotland, who served in the Army and married Mary Percival Gadsby, (1902-1931) who died in India (British Military Hospital, Dalhousie, India) giving birth to my Grandfather, Donald Gordon Cunningham. (1931-2007) My Grandfather (Donald) was brought up by his Aunts in England and his Father (John) continued his military service in India. I know nothing more of him.

My Grandfather Donald married Reene Allwood and both lived in Bulwell, Nottinghamshire, the rest of the family still living within Nottinghamshire.

Please could someone help me find the information I so eagerly wish to know?

Regards,

Andrew Cunningham

Aileen

Aileen Report 6 Dec 2008 09:59

Hi,
do you know where in Scotland John Cunningham was born?

Yvonne

Yvonne Report 6 Dec 2008 15:34

Register House in Edinburgh holds computerised BMDs 1855 to present plus censuses for all 50p per cipy . provided over 100 years old. You can find at the flash of a button all the info you need and whereabouts in Scorland your ancestors are from. Situated just off Princes Street is well worth a visit. Regards Yvonne Dundee

Andrew

Andrew Report 11 Dec 2008 09:09

Unfortunatly as have no information on exactly where he is from.

I might have to make the trip up to Edinburgh.

Many thanks.

Andy Cunningham