Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Cunningham

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Adele

Adele Report 19 May 2006 21:10

Hi, My Great Grandfather John Thomas Cunningham is giving me some what of a headache. He is shown on the censuses up to 1881 living with his mother Ellen Cunningham and his sister Annie Cunningham. He is shown in all censuses as being born in Rochdale. His marriage certificate shows him married in Rochdale to a Mary Lardner both aged 22 in 1886 giving years of birth approx 1864. The marriage certificate gives his father as a Michael Cunningham (who was a Tailor but not on any of the censuses) and Mary Lardners father as James Lardner. They moved to Blackburn. I may be looking to hard but I cant find a John Thomas birth record in either 1863, 1864 or 1865 in Rochdale. The only John Thomas I could find in the Birth records born in Rochdale was born in 1862, but I have been told the parents for this John Thomas are not Ellen and Michael. I know that John T and family eventually moved to Oldham. I thought I would try and perhaps get info from his death certificate - but I can't even find a record for that! Can any one help?