Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Cunningham

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Anne

Anne Report 23 Oct 2004 14:18

Hello, can anyone help. I'm looking for the family of Benjamin Cunningham who we think was born around 1814-1816. We know he was married to a Sarah Clifford and later remarried a Jane Bailey, they were married on the 5 november 1827 in Bristol. We are not sure if he was born in Bristol or not.

Dianne

Dianne Report 20 May 2010 13:56

Dear Anne

I have just found your message, and am also researching the same family.

I do know that Benjamin couldn't have been born circa 1814, because he has a son named William born about 1815 to Benjamin and Sarah Clifford. William was found guilty in the Bristol Quarter Sessions of larceny and sentenced to 7 years transportation to Tasmania in 1835. The basic record states that he was 20yo at the time of sentencing.

Have you found out any other information about Benjamin and Sarah?

Regards,
Dianne
Victoria, Australia

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 20 May 2010 14:00

very old posting - click on Anne's name to see if you can make contact via GR - she may not still be a member though

in the meantime why not start a posting of your own

Cynthia

Cynthia Report 21 May 2010 14:27

Hi Dianne, good advice from Ann. You could also try putting the names you are looking for into the search box above to see if anyone else on this site has them in their tree. If you find a connection, you can contact the site owner. Cx.