Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Patricia

Patricia Report 23 Aug 2010 19:53

Queenie Rubelar Dale born Glasgow Scotland. Father Angus Dale (Merchant Seaman) Mother unknown. Queenie married Lawrence McQuiggan in Southport abt 1920, can find no trace of Lawrence McQuiggan but then Queenie moves to Bristol with 2 sons called Lawrence (died in 1945 in Scotland) and Donald. Queenie marries Henry Thomas Exon (2 children) and has 3 further children. Queenie died in Blackpool in 1967. Tried English and Scottish records but no trace of Queenies birth. She did tend to change her date of birth on the marriage certificates but is thought to have been born between 1900 - 1912. Any suggestions please.

Penny

Penny Report 23 Aug 2010 20:17

Marriages Jun 1920

Dale Queenie R McQuiggan Ormskirk 8b 1889
McQuiggan Lawrence Dale Ormskirk 8b 1889

How old does her marriage cert say she is?

Penny

Penny Report 23 Aug 2010 20:18

Births Mar 1921

McQuiggan Lawrence J A Dale Ormskirk 8b 1631

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Births Dec 1927

McQuiggan Eva E M Dale Bristol 6a 88

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Births Sep 1929

McQuiggan Jean M M Dale Bristol 6a 159

I dont see a Donald

Penny

Penny Report 23 Aug 2010 20:20

she married Mr Exon very quickly after Jean was born

Marriages Dec 1929

McQuiggan Queenie Exon Bristol 6a 318

Patricia

Patricia Report 23 Aug 2010 21:18

My nephew found out that Lawrence Jrn returned to family,in Scotland got married but died young in 1944. It states on his death cert that his mother was dead but was in fact alive until 1967. It appears Lawrence had two boys - had one adopted and the other died quite young. Queenie was always a mystery!

Patricia

Patricia Report 23 Aug 2010 21:24

Thanks for that - Jean was always know as Morag. Unknow why Queenie went to Bristol or what happened to her first marriage. Queenie is proving to have not been born!!!!!!!.

Patricia

Patricia Report 23 Aug 2010 21:33

It says she was 21 but on her death cert it says she was born Glasgow in 1900- cannot remember the age on 2nd marriage but it does not tie up niether. I know there was a ? mark over her age when she was due for her Old Age pension. She certainly does not appear in the 1901 Scotland census nor can we find her father named on her marriage cert as Angus Dale.

Patricia

Patricia Report 23 Aug 2010 21:50

Lawrence Jrn was born in Ormskirk but Queenie (for what ever reason) went back to Scotland to have Donald, so he wont show up,

Elizabeth

Elizabeth Report 1 Sep 2019 12:35

Hi Patricia
Not sure if you're still looking, but we've just found some old adoption paperwork relating to our mum. Her birth name was Eva Eileen Morag McQuiggan and she was born in Bristol in November 1927. On her adoption certificate, her mother's name is shown as Queenie Rubelar McQuiggan, formerly Dale.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 1 Sep 2019 12:45

Elizabeth

Same advice as on Patricia's other thread to which you added a post

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 1 Sep 2019 12:49

16 Gatton Road, Bristol C.B., Gloucestershire, England

Queenie Exon - Female Unpaid Domestic Duties Married 8 2
The record for this person is officially closed. Can I get around this?
Gordon Exon 30 Aug 1930 Male School Single 8 4
Henry Exon 14 Jul 1920 Male Paper Box Machinist Single 8 6

Closed records are for those whose deaths hadn't been picked up at the time of the last update

Queenie's DOB hasn't been transcribed as on the record it's down as 2 Nov 1902, but an additional notation shows it as 5 Feb 1900