Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Davis

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Joanna

Joanna Report 26 Sep 2004 21:10

George James Davis Born in Woolwich Kent 19/11/1874 I am trying to find any information on my gt granddad. As above he was born in Woolwich and later moved to Llanelli. I am unsure of any details how he came to move to Llanelli but I heard on the grapevine that he was actually a barnados kid and had 2 sisters but I dont have any details of them. If anyone can shed anylight, I would greatly appreciate any help on searching for barnados kids. He later went on to marry a Mary Ann Jones in 1904 in Swansea Glamorgan and have a family of 23 children, not all surviving unfortunatly but continuing to live at Hendre House, 68 Castle Street, Loughor. If anyone has any further information, please contact me, any help would greatly be appreciated and I promise to reply to all Emails. Many Thanks Jo x