Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Dennis family from Lincolnshire

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Angela

Angela Report 16 Oct 2008 14:41

Hi - I'm doing our family tree, and am trying to find more about my mother-in-law, Nancy Olivia Dennis, known as Olive, and born in 1901. (I wish I'd listened more carefully to her stories, now!) She had an older sister, Evelyn, a schoolteacher. She married the Revd. George King Spiller in about 1928, and had two sons, Dennis (my husband, who has been dead fo 16 years) and Ted.
She was apparently brought up by her grandmother (don't know which one) as her own mother blamed her for preventing her from travelling to Africa?/Australia? to be with her dying husband. (TB) She was a baby at the time, and it was not thought safe for her to travel overseas.
I'd appreciate any relevant info.

GillianMac

GillianMac Report 16 Oct 2008 15:05

Nancy Olivia Dennis b 1901 Dec Q Leicester vol 7a page 238
Her birth cert will give parents names burt a possible is
1901 Leicester
Alexander G Dennis 27 Shoemaker b Flushing Cornwall
Mary H Dennis 20 b darlington Durham
EVELYN Dennis 16 months b Bewdley Worcs

Clive

Clive Report 16 Oct 2008 16:01

this may be the same Evelyn