Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

BARTHOLOMEW DENNIS 1804 OSMOTHERLEY

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Braken

Braken Report 8 Feb 2009 13:38

PLEASE CAN YOU HELP ME TO FIND OUT WHO HE MARRIED HE IS MY HUSBANDS GGGG GRANDFATHER AND WE WOULD LIKE TO FIND OUT MORE ABOUT HIM IF ANYONE CAN HELP PLEASE LET ME KNOW
THANKS CAROL

LesleyC

LesleyC Report 8 Feb 2009 13:44

Carol

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BARTHOLOMEW DENNIS

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Marriages:
Spouse: JANE MILNER Family
Marriage: 26 FEB 1825 Osmotherley, Yorkshire, England

Lesley

Potty

Potty Report 8 Feb 2009 13:44

Where have you looked and how have you got back to him? Have you found him on any census? Did he have any children born after 1837 (their birth certs would give the mother's maiden name).

Which county is Osmotherley in?

LesleyC

LesleyC Report 8 Feb 2009 13:47

Osmotherley is in Yorkshire actually its about a 15 minute drive from me and its the prettiest little village you will ever see....a great tourist attraction due to its walks.....

Sorry this is not my thread but I LOVE Osmotherley!!!

Lesley

LesleyC

LesleyC Report 8 Feb 2009 13:49

Dont know if you have this Carol

1851 England Census
about Bartholomew Dennis
Name: Bartholomew Dennis
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1804
Relation: Head
Spouse's Name: Jane
Where born: Low Silton, Yorkshire, England

Civil Parish: Osmotherley
County/Island: Yorkshire

Street address:

Condition as to marriage:

Disability: View Image

Registration district: Northallerton
Sub registration district: Appleton
ED, institution, or vessel: 2a
Neighbors: View others on page
Household schedule number: 37
Household Members: Name Age
Bartholomew Dennis 47
Jane Dennis 50
John Dennis 14
James Dennis 9
Jane Denniss 6

Lesley

Braken

Braken Report 8 Feb 2009 13:51

THANKYOU FOR THE INFO ON JANE FANTASTIC NEWS I HAVE BARTHOLOMEW'S CHILDREN HE HAD 12 CHILDREN BUT I COULD NOT FIND ANYTHING OUT ABOUT A MARRIAGE THANKS

Braken

Braken Report 8 Feb 2009 14:55

Hi Lesley
thankyou for your help
Have you been to Low Silton do you know anything about what it was like back then

Braken

Braken Report 8 Feb 2009 14:57

POTTY
I HAVE GOT BACK TO BARTHOLOMEW BY LOOKING THROUGH THE CENSUS RECORDS AND THE CHURCH RECORDS IN NORTHALERTON

LesleyC

LesleyC Report 8 Feb 2009 15:03

Carol

None of it has changed. Yes I have been there (I do the walk from Osmotherley to Silton) go to this website

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/don.burluraux/100302.htm

It honestly has never changed and these villages have been there from the 1800's. They are all Grade Listed buildings so can never be touched and if they are it has to be within keeping of the original.

You should definitely go there one day - its well worth it. And to think your Bartholomew Dennis probably did this very same walk to Osmotherley.

Lesley

LesleyC

LesleyC Report 8 Feb 2009 15:10

Carol

Have a look at this site - look who the Cartwright was in 1840

http://www.genuki.org.uk/big/eng/YKS/NRY/Oversilton/Oversilton40Dry.html

Lesley