Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

HELP * KATHLEEN *

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Braken

Braken Report 19 Nov 2009 16:48

Please help I am trying to find more info on Kathleen Dennis DOB 16.10.1923 Benfleet Essex any info would would be great thanks

Carol

Braken

Braken Report 19 Nov 2009 18:01

Hi Thanks for that but not 100% sure she was born in benfleet she had a boy and gave him up for adoption and he is trying to find out what he can about her

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 19 Nov 2009 18:05

Assuming your info is correct, there is only 1 birth reg which fits:

Births Dec 1923
Dennis Kathleen Wealstead Lewisham 1d 1595

Where did you obtain the birth details from?

Jan

Braken

Braken Report 19 Nov 2009 18:07

Just found out she lived at 66 St Mary's Rd Benfleet then 37 Hillside Cres Lea-on-sea she had a son Kelvin who was put up for adoption don't know for deffinate where she was born

Caroljay

Caroljay Report 19 Nov 2009 18:08

The only birth for a Kathleen Dennis that fits, is in Lewisham. Mmn Wealstead.

Braken

Braken Report 19 Nov 2009 18:14

her adopted out son must have been in the records at nazerath house mboro

Ethel

Ethel Report 19 Nov 2009 18:14

Hi Carol.
I hope the following proves to be correct.
Birth of Kathleen. 1923. Oct/Dec Qtr. reg in Lewisham. vol 1d 1595. Mothers maiden name Wealstead.

Found a marriage of
Edwin W B Dennis to Isabel Wealstead. 1912. April/June tr. reg in Greenwich. vol 1d page 1891

births.
Isabel. 1912. Oct/Dec Qtr. reg in Greenwich.
19914. Frances. Reg in Greenwich.
1918. Joan. reg in West Ham
Kathleen. 1923. Oct/Dec Reg in Lewisham.
all stow mothers maiden name as Wealstead.

You need a copy of the birth certificate for Kathleen to confirm her parents. If Edwin and Isabel then a copy of the marriage cert will give their ages. their Father's names and occupations. and witnesses who may be siblings.

Hope this is right. Ethel..

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 19 Nov 2009 18:16

Carol, where did you get those addresses? I wonder who else was living there? If you live near enough you could check out the electoral registers.
Jan

Braken

Braken Report 19 Nov 2009 18:19

Great idea but I live up north

her son gave me the address but dosen't know when she lived there or for how long

dosen't know if she is still alive and he would like to meet her