Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Melvin Cornwell

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Merlin

Merlin Report 9 Apr 2003 20:34

I am tracking the Dennis line back through my mothers side of the family. In the Cambridgeshire area the line goes back through John Dennis who was hanged for his part in the Littleport Riots? If you have any information please e mail me : melcornwell (@lineone.net) Many thanks Mel Cornwell

Beverley

Beverley Report 30 Sep 2007 12:05

Dear Mel
'This was posted many years ago but taking the chance on you still being a member.

I am interested in finding information on a Mary Ann Dennis. Born c1830 in the Parson Drove area of Cambridgeshire. She worked as a domestic servant for Robert Ram and had a son Robert Dennis Ram in 1848. She married Robert Ram in 1851. This I have documented proof for. However , then the mystery ensues.
She and Robert Dennis are on a passenger list to USA as Mary Ann and Robert Dennis Ringham. My great great grandfather I believe already to have been in the USA as George Ringham. They journey to Toronto, Canada by c1856 and lived and raised Robert there.

George and Mary Ann are my Great Great Grandparents and I am trying to track down any information possible on Mary Ann or her ancestors.

If you think this applies to your tree please reply.

Sincerely
Beverley Clark
New Brunswick
Canada

Richard

Richard Report 19 Oct 2007 14:39

Hi My grandmother on the Dennis side of family was called Ameilia Dennis(nee Fields) born in Brandon Norfolk and married a William Dennis from Potton Bedfordshire not sure if this helps but could go back a bit farther.
Richard Dennis
[email protected]