Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Dennis

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Christine

Christine Report 9 May 2007 17:21

Any information please on the family of Lily Dennis.She was born in 1884.Married in 1902 to Harry Rhodes.Possible children,Dorothy born 1911 George born 1912 and Frank born 1916.She died in 1921 and was living at 77 New England St.Brighton.England.My mother Harriett was her youngest child. Dorothy, I beleive emigrated to Michigan,possibly 1930.s or sooner. May have had a brother called Albert born in 1882. My mother was adopted by the Potter family also of New England Street. Hopefully Chris Halstead

Carolyn

Carolyn Report 23 Sep 2007 21:08

I have an albert dennis born in 1879. his parents William Dennis and Catherine. One of the children Herbert dennis born in 1874 married a Lily, I cant remember her name at the moment. May this will help.
Carolyn

David

David Report 23 Sep 2007 22:02

She is on the 1891 census:

Henry Dennis c1851 Kent, Groom Horse Clipper
Mary Ann c1854 Kent
Albert S c1882 Brighton
Lily c1884 Brighton
George c1887 Brighton
Walter c1890 Brighton

Mary Ann died in Sep 1898

Henry and Mary Ann (nee Payne) appear on several other census and their marriage can be seen on freeBMD.