Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Dennis

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Melanie

Melanie Report 11 Sep 2006 16:46

Doris Dennis Lived Clipstone/Bulwell - Nottinghamshire Hi I am trying to find my Great Grandmother's family, although I have very little information about her, and I am struggling to find certificates for her. She lived with her husband around the Clipstone area, and then later moved to Bulwell. Although I do not know whether she was origonally from Clipstone. Doris may have a sister called Fanny, although I have nothing to confirm this and do not know whether she has any other siblings, and am very interested to find out who her parents were. When my Granmother married in 1945, Doris lived at; 44 Fenton Drive Bullwell Hall Nottingham Her husband was John Chapman, who on my Grandmother's marraige certificate was a Coal Hewer. She may have died around 1970 - 1980 I really am unsure. If anyone can tell me anything about her, not matter how small, please let me know, Kind Regards Mel

Carolyn

Carolyn Report 26 Oct 2007 18:40

hi mel.
doris father and mother were Herbert and the wife was lizzy Doris was born in 1900 in Overseal but whether she had a sister i dont know.
Carolyn

Ethel

Ethel Report 26 Oct 2007 21:44

Hi Melanie. I am not connected but had a look for you.

Birth of Doris May Dennis. 1900 July/Sept. Qtr. reg in Ashby de la Zouch. vol 7a 91

Marriage of
Herbert Dennis to Lizzie Sharp. 1895. April/June Qtr. reg in Ashby de la Zouch. vol 7a 241

1901 census.
Herbert. 27. 1874. Coal Miner. Born "Leicesters Moira"?? Living Overseal
Lizzie. 23. 1878 "
Doris M. 8 months.1900 Born Overseal.

Copy of the birth certificate will confirm who her parents were, and copy of the marriage certificate will give their ages, their Father's names and occupations and witnesses who may be siblings.

Hope this helps. Ethel.