Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Dennis

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sarah

Sarah Report 12 Feb 2006 20:25

I am trying to find out more information about my grandfather Walter George Dennis who was born in Ratcliff, East London in 1906. He married Elizabeth Harris, lived in Hawgood Street, Poplar, East London, and went on to have three children, Mary - my mother - and two sons, Edward and Patrick, who died in infancy. My grandmother Elizabeth also died very young - aged 29 - leaving only my mother, then aged five, and her father Walter George, as her immediate family. Walter George was killed in action at the Battle of Anzio in 1944 and from that point on my mother - then a teenager - began to lose contact with her wider family. However, Walter George Dennis was one of four or five children - and I am looking for anyone who knows of, or who is related to his brothers John and William Dennis, and his sister Virginia Dennis. I am also trying to find my mother's aunts and uncles from her mother's side of the family - Elsie, Ivy, Eileen, Mary, Lillian, John and William Harris. All information will be very much appreciated.