Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Devere

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Elaine

Elaine Report 11 Jun 2006 02:37

I am hunting for three Devere descendants who may have information about my grandmother. The tree looks like this Jonathan GAIN m. Zerlina HARRINGTON b. 1875 dau. Adrienne GAIN m.GOODIER b.1906 dau. Adrienne GOODIER m. Thos DEVERE b.1927 Children Michael DEVERE b. 1952 David ' b. 1953 Gillian ' b. 1955 The GAINs and HARRINGTONs were heavily involved on the stage from before 1900 and into the 20th century. They were London based. Desperation drives me to these lengths. Jonathan GAINs sister, Ethel,my grandmother, hasn't been sighted after 1907. She was born in 1878. I live in New Zealand. In hope, Elaine.

Anne De Vere

Anne De Vere Report 30 Sep 2007 18:58

Hello Elaine, I am a De Vere(my mother's maiden name) but our family were from the northeast of England--Gateshead. My Grandfather Thomas De Vere was born in 1872. If there is no connection with the north country I doubt if I can help.
Sorry Anne De Vere Harper

Michael

Michael Report 18 Nov 2017 17:18

Hi Elaine, 11 years for a response is a record for me. I am Michael de vere, please contact me if you would like any further information. Thanks

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 18 Nov 2017 17:21

Welcome to the boards, Michael.

You've noticed that Elaine started this thread 11 years ago. She's not likely to be looking for replies here now.

You can try sending her a private message - just click on her name at the top of her post.
If she still has the same email address, she'll be notified that there's a message for her.
She may or may not reply. Good luck!