Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Ellis

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Steven

Steven Report 21 Oct 2006 01:34

steven . I am trying to trace Jessica Gladys Drury nee Ellis,I beleive she came from the manchester,her father was Charles Ellis who died in the 1940/50s.She married Walter Roy Drury on the 30 sept 1950 (his father was named Walter,his mother was Dorothy nee Young),at the time of her marraige she lived at Knowle House,Handforth,after the marraige they lived at Heathfield Rd,Salford.

Unknown

Unknown Report 8 Aug 2021 14:43

Hi Steven,
Jessica is my aunt. please get in touch so that we may exchange information.

Maddie

Maddie Report 8 Aug 2021 14:58

you can sendv him a message, if he has the same email address he will receive it
however has only posted once since 2006

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 8 Aug 2021 15:06

Steven is no longer a member of GR, so can't be contacted through this site, unfortunately.

Unknown

Unknown Report 8 Aug 2021 18:45

Does anyone know how to find him please?

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 8 Aug 2021 19:47

No-one on GR can contact him as he is no longer a member

No-one has any idea of when or where he was born, so nothing can be done about trying to trace him……especially after 15 years

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 8 Aug 2021 20:50

Steven R Ellis, mmn Ellis, was registered in Manchester RD , 3rd quarter 1950.
Registered as both Drury and Ellis.

In 4th quarter 1950 there's a late birth registration for him as Drury, after his mother's marriage..

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 9 Aug 2021 11:01

If you look at the Electoral Rolls (under "Search" at top right of this page, you'll see there's a Steven R Drury of about the right age living in Yorkshire.
Click on the document symbol at the right of the search result to see the full address.

BUT of course I have no idea if that could be the right man or not.

Another Steven R Drury was born in Yorkshire in the 1970's, so he may be the man on the ER.

There are also several entries for men named Steven Drury without a middle initial being given, any of whom could also be him.

EDIT:
Yes, unfortunately, on further research, I'm sure the man on the Yorkshire ER is the one born in the 1970's. He married a woman whose name matches the one living with him on the ER, and she was born in the 1970s.

It's possible that your Steven may have emigrated, in which case we won't be able to trace him.

Unknown

Unknown Report 11 Aug 2021 08:38

Thanks to all for advice. Yes this Steven I am looking for was the one born 1950. I am sending for birth certificate to confirm. I thought since he belonged to the South African version of this website that he might have been living there at least at the time he posted (2006)