Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Faulkners Derby

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Julie

Julie Report 21 Jan 2009 17:13

Trying to locate the Father of Bruce Faulkner born 1823 in Derby, if anyone can help it would be much appreciated,
Thanks in advance
Julie Webb

Ericthered

Ericthered Report 21 Jan 2009 17:21

Have you checked the IGI?

Did Bruce marry?

If so, the cert will name his father.................

Ericthered

Ericthered Report 21 Jan 2009 17:23

Are you certain about his birth year?

1851 census..........perhaps

Name: Bruce Faulkner
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1823
Relation: Head
Spouse's Name: Fanny
Where born: Derbyshire, England

Civil Parish: Derby St Peter
County/Island: Derbyshire

Registration district: Derby
Sub registration district: St Peter
ED, institution, or vessel: 19s
Neighbors: View others on page
Household schedule number: 97
Household Members: Name Age
Bruce Faulkner 28
Fanny Faulkner 26
Mary Faulkner 5
Thomas Faulkner 2

Ericthered

Ericthered Report 21 Jan 2009 17:25

Name: Bruce Faulkner
Year of Registration: 1844
Quarter of Registration: Jul-Aug-Sep
District: Derby
County: Derbyshire
Volume: 19
Page: 424

Name: Fanny Yeomans
Year of Registration: 1844
Quarter of Registration: Jul-Aug-Sep
District: Derby
County: Derbyshire
Volume: 19
Page: 424

Julie

Julie Report 21 Jan 2009 17:26

Yes have searched the IGI he married Fanny Yeomans, the problem is,
There are 4 possible fathers all called Thomas, so difficult to trace, and all born within a year of each other,
Thanks anyway
Julie

Julie

Julie Report 21 Jan 2009 17:28

Wow Thankyou, the second Bruce born 1844 is his Son, and I did make a mistake when typing the first Bruce's birth year should have been 1823, silly me
Thankyou again
Julie

Ericthered

Ericthered Report 21 Jan 2009 21:54

Unfortunately, 1841 census does not give any help.........

Name: Brace Faulkner
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1826
Where born: Derbyshire, England

Civil Parish: All Saints
Hundred: Derby Borough
County/Island: Derbyshire

Registration district: Derby
Sub registration district: St Alkmund
Neighbors: View others on page
Household Members: Name Age
Brace Faulkner 15
William Wardle 10

Julie

Julie Report 22 Jan 2009 12:18

Hi Eric,
No unfortunatly Bruce was not at home on the 1841, he was an apprentice Tailor by then, but thankyou so much for your help
Julie

Derek

Derek Report 22 Jan 2009 21:24

Hi Julie..I noticed your query on my own Thread, but just noticed this.
Because I go to Matlock Record office quite frequently..it would be very handy to know which parish in Derby to search..there are several,and since Matlock is a nightmare anyway..if i had the right Parish I might be able to solve your problem. You''ll notice that Eric (Hi eric!) has found All Saints and St.Peter..there are others.

Derek

Julie

Julie Report 22 Jan 2009 22:33

Hi Derek,
Thankyou for getting back to me, All Saints Parish is where Bruce is in 1841, and several of the subsequent Faulkners seem to be in this Parish, I do have the registers for St Werburghs Parish so can rule out that one, I am so sorry I can't be more specific, we have searched the IGI and the possible Thomas's who could be his father are in Derby all saints, one born 1793 and the other born 1801, the 3rd one 1809, the reason for looking in this parish is that Bruce also married here, the Marriage entry is the only evidence we have to say that his father is Thomas, but we always draw a blank on looking for Bruce's baptism which would indeed give his mother and hopefully sort out which Thomas.
Thankyou so much for your very kind offer, we live in Cambridgeshire so quite a distance from Derby, so really appreciate your time.
With best regards
Julie

Derek

Derek Report 22 Jan 2009 22:58

Hello again Julie.........I'll look at the various Derby parishes..thank you for eliminating St.Werberghs.........Copies of marriage Certificates pre 1837..although available give only the grooms occupation..no mention of parents.....However, if i go to parish Records you will get Thomas' wife....which may lead you to the right Thomas.....Bear with me...one day next week i'll set aside for Matlock. Are we all agreeing on a baptism date for Bruce of 1823???????????

Derek

Julie

Julie Report 23 Jan 2009 07:24

Hi Derek,
Yes a Baptism date would be great, sorry not to answere last night my computer connection went awol, Yes it is Bruce born in 1823, although this date is from the Census, so could be between 1821/3, Thankyou again this is a great help as I have been searching for him for about 5 years without any sucess on his parentage apart from his Father Thomas, mentioned on the IGI when he married Fanny Yeomans on 17th August 1844 in All Saints Derby.
Thanks again
Julie