Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Turville, Ibstone, Hambleden

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Gemma

Gemma Report 22 May 2009 12:01

Can anyone please help me?
I am completely stuck with my 4x Gt Grandfather - Zachariah Faulkner.
He was born c.1798. According to all the census returns, he was born in Hambleden in Buckinghamshire but I cannot find him in any of the parish records. (even under surname variants etc)

He married Lydia Gunn in 1829 in Turville, Bucks (her parish) and they had several children, all born in Turville or Ibstone. No parents were listed.

He died in 1866 in Turville Ibstone but again, doesn't appear in any of the burial records.

Later generations of the family moved to Surrey and I have found out that there is a Hambledon in Surrey. Is it possible Zachariah was born in Surrey and not Bucks or is this a long shot??

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Someone please give me ideas. It's driving me crazy!

Thanks.

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 22 May 2009 19:47

Lydia FAULKNER Head W Female 76 Turville, Buckingham, England Pauper

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Source Information:
Census Place Ibstone & Stokenchurch, Buckingham, England
Family History Library Film 1341355
Public Records Office Reference RG11
Piece / Folio 1468 / 107
Page Number 3