Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Elizabeth Faulkner born ????????????

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Ian

Ian Report 15 Jul 2010 14:55

Hi,
can anyone please try to give me a birth location for Elizabeth Faulkner in the 1871 census, born about 1846 in Leicestershire, resident in Leicester in 1871.
She is the 6th name from the bottom of the page and I can't make out the rest of the birth location.
I have my doubts that the birth place is Nuneaton because; the N does not match the N in Northamptonshire or Nottingham as used a few lines above Elizabeth and, there is no candidate Elizabeth Faulkner born in Nuneaton in 1846. (see below)
I just cannot make out what else the birth location might be!!

Can anyone decipher it for me please ?

Thanks,

Ian

n.b.
There was an Elizabeth Faulkner born in 1846 in Nuneaton but it looks like she died in 1852 and she would only have been aged 24 at the time of the 1871 census.
She can be faund on 1851 census living at (Sinny Fields), Chilvers Coton,( Nuneaton) , Warwickshire where her birth place is given as Sinny Fields. This census record can be found by searching for Elizth Faulkner instead of Elizabeth.

There are public trees which include the Elizabeth Faulkner baptised in Nuneaton (Sinny Fields, Chilvers Coton, Nuneaton) and dying in 1852. The baptism recod is NOT public record but comes from a family source - as does the death date.

Choccy

Choccy Report 15 Jul 2010 15:04

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RILEY, Mary A Head F 51 1820 Northamptonshire VIEW
GASCOIGNE, Mary A Boarder F 34 1837 Leicestershire VIEW
GASCOIGNE, Selena Boarder F 24 1847 Leicestershire VIEW
FAULKNER, Elizabeth Boarder F 25 1846 Leicestershire VIEW

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RG number:
RG10 Piece:
3268 Folio:
55 Page:

Registration District:
Leicester Sub District:
Leicester, East Enumeration District:
4 Ecclesiastical Parish:

Civil Parish:
St Margaret Municipal Borough:
Leicester Address:
Albion Street, St Margaret, Leicester County:
Leicestershire

Occupation - Tailoress.

Born - Nuneaton on original

Ian

Ian Report 15 Jul 2010 15:12

Thanks choccy, but I really don't think that the birth place is Nuneaton - for the reasons given above.

Barbara

Barbara Report 15 Jul 2010 15:34

Does look like nuneaton - there is differences in the n's all the way. I think he saved capital N for the main areas

Barbara

Barbara Report 15 Jul 2010 15:43

Perhaps the Elizabeth Faulkner dying in 1852 is the mother of the Elizabeth you are looking for. Don't trust anybody elses tree. Best to look for yourself and order the certificates to be sure.

Ian

Ian Report 15 Jul 2010 15:59

Thank you for your replies everyone.

Ian

Ian Report 24 Nov 2010 15:01

I have since located my Elizabeth Faulkner.
She was born 1848 in Shenton, Leicestershire (Market Bosworth registration district) but was recorded as Elizabeth Faulknill on freeBMD records.