Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Faulkner

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Janet

Janet Report 3 Nov 2006 02:55

My husband's name is Melvyn Arthur Yoxall and his paternal grandmother's name is Margaret Faulkner. Melvyn is the only son of Lewis Edgar Yoxall ('Edgar') who lived in Blackley, Manchester most of his life, and Frances Cottrell Rodgers from Burslem, Stoke-on-Trent. Edgar's only brother Arthur was killed during WWII, and when both Melvyn's parents passed away he thought he was the only remaining member of his family. However, when we obtained a copy of Edgar's death certificate it showed his cousin Marjorie Newton of Southport as being the notifying party. Edgar's parents were Charles Lewis Yoxall and Margaret Faulkner and they were married in 1911, so obviously Margaret must have had brothers or sisters who had children which Melvyn doesn't know about. Melvyn is very keen to trace any members of the 'Yoxall/Faulkner' family, as his only relatives are myself, our two sons David 35, Robert 29, his wife Louise 42, and our Grandchildren Gareth 18, Shannon 17, and Ayden 22 months. We all live in Perth, Western Australia (Melvyn and myself for the last 32 years), so any assistance you can give us in tracing relatives in England will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Janet