Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Faulkner

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Bruce

Bruce Report 10 Aug 2007 20:44

Gary Faulkner I am searching for Faulkners from the Hersham, Walton on Thames, West Molsey Areas in the 1600s to the 1700s. In particular I have reference to a direct link in John Faulkner 1690 and Alice Lavie. Married in 1716 in Mickleham Surrey (Near Dorking) They had a number of children in registeres around Walton, Hersham and Molesey. Tracking one arm of the tree I beleive one of his brothers stayed in the area with children moving to Hersham to setup as Iron Wire Workers, even working for the King, George IV, William and Queen Victoria. I have just discovered an 1894 will of a James Faulkner Hersham, leaving a Wire works to Alphie and Newburgh. He also left a Family Bible to his children. This is noted as having the family names listed. Alphie may have gone to Durham and Newburgh to Clapham. If anyone has info about the Bible I would love to know. James also had daughters, Leila Yeowell (Husband George) , Kate Ameila Ralson (Husband Henry James) and Florence - St Annes Soho 1901 Drapers Assistant. The list of names in the bible may be the key and help get the Faulkner tree beyond 1682 marriage of James to Ann Bayley Walton on Thames. Also I am looking into the Copyhold of land in the Walton Manor/Parsonage/Walton Grove refering to Faulkners Close. I think this was relinquished by John Faulkner Clerk of Walton Parish in 1790 on his death. Any info to link this in, Alice Rowart sister (named after her mother?) Hope someone can help.