Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

William Grimwood Gardner b. 1881

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Peter

Peter Report 30 Jul 2008 18:58

William Grimwood Gardner b. 1881 Hackney married Louisa Beard in 1908. Some of their children were
Leonard G Gardner 1911
Doris L L Gardner 1913
Leslie H Gardner 1915
Iris W Gardner 1917
Dennis J Gardner 1927
I would like to trace descendants of these.

WayneTracey

WayneTracey Report 30 Jul 2008 19:00

Peter

Do you have access to the full bmd?

You will need to go through the full bmd quarter by quarter until you find the marriages and subsequant children etc

Regards

Tracey

Peter

Peter Report 30 Jul 2008 19:22

And check every certificate for the correct parent?
I hope 'Trying to Find' may give me a lead in an easier way!
Regards
Peter

Julie

Julie Report 30 Jul 2008 19:32

Peter

For your sake i hope you never have the name of Lee

It has cost me a forture doing this hobby

Sue C

Sue C Report 30 Jul 2008 19:34

Sorry.....there is no easier way unless you are lucky enough to find someone who is prepared to do the lookups for you...long job!

Peter

Peter Report 31 Jul 2008 09:13

Thanks for all your well-meaning comments! I do understand.

What I hope for is to meet other people 'trying to find' the same persons/families.

But this may be the wrong message board for that?

Peter

WayneTracey

WayneTracey Report 31 Jul 2008 12:31

Peter

Eventually you may find people who are looking for the same people...historically everyday we see this happen (old threads reinstated with replies)

You will need to keep an eye on your posts probably monthly i would say, and just sit back and wait.

The best way to keep your posts easily to see would be to bookmark them. To do this goto your thread and on the left hand side in the yellow box you will see 'bookmark this' click here and it's done. Do this for all your threads.

The only reason i give you this advice is as you reply to other threads a copy of this is logged on the 'your threads' link. The name of the link is a little misleading as it's not just the threads you started but ALL the threads you have posted on!! Bookmarking will speed up your search for your own actual threads!

I hope this helps you

Tracey

Ericthered

Ericthered Report 31 Jul 2008 12:33

Have you looked at the 'search trees' section on here?

Ericthered

Ericthered Report 31 Jul 2008 12:36

?????

Name: Dennis John Gardner
Birth Date: 14 May 1927
Death Registration Month/Year: Sep 1990
Age at death (estimated): 63
Registration district: Thurrock
Inferred County: Essex
Volume: 9
Page: 3006

Ericthered

Ericthered Report 31 Jul 2008 16:36

GARDNER, LEONARD GRIMWOOD
Initials: L G
Nationality: United Kingdom
Regiment/Service: Royal Army Service Corps
Date of Death: 13/06/1945
Service No: T/5782447
Additional information: Son of William Grimwood Gardner and Louise Gardner; husband of Doris Jessie Gardner, of Hackney, London.
Casualty Type: Commonwealth War Dead
Grave/Memorial Reference: Coll. grave III. E. 3-17.
Cemetery: AREZZO WAR CEMETERY

Peter

Peter Report 31 Jul 2008 19:51

Many thanks Eric!
The Dennis John is almost certain, the Leonard Grimwood is 100%.

I now see how easy it is to search deaths from 1984 onwards - that was a good tip!

What was your source for Leonard? I don't appear to have access to all of the info, e.g. Wife, Cemetery.

Yes, I have tried searching the trees.
Regards/Peter

Ericthered

Ericthered Report 31 Jul 2008 22:14

The info about Leonard was from the Commonwealth War Graves Commission site........

www.cwgc.org

Peter

Peter Report 1 Aug 2008 08:38

Thanks - I've tried it and now know where to look!
Peter

Peter

Peter Report 10 Oct 2008 11:39

I've got a little further!
Dennis John Gardner married Sheila Joan Purcell in 1947 (in Cannock, Staffordshire). Their children are Iris A. Gardner (1948) and Stanley D.L. Gardner (1949). Can anyone help me contact these?
Peter

Ericthered

Ericthered Report 10 Oct 2008 16:30

Try 192.com

Peter

Peter Report 20 Jan 2010 08:24

I just want to say thank you to all those who replied on this thread! I've been in touch with my uncle William Grimwood Gardner's family for over a year now. It's been a big success for Trying to Find!
Peter