Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Sherry McClellan

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sherry

Sherry Report 21 Aug 2005 11:02

Looking to fill in the missing time etc for my Gardner kin. They apparently were/are Cartographers in London and maybe someone may know about the Admiral Gardner shipwrecked in the West Indies in 1809? My Gardners were in Nantucket, MA and around the Boston area. Also in Santo Domingo during the Slave uprising, where my Joseph Gardner married Marie Therese Chlotilde Raison de la Genest, (of the Raison plantation near Bordeaux, Geneste, France.). They fled and their children married into prominent families in VA around Barboursville and Greenup KY. they were buried in Cabell Co. VA in the Barboursville Cemetary. Joseph's mother in law was widowed in Santo Domingo and married a Phillip Ridore, but he may have died there, tho I have seen accounts that he and his wife died in New Orleans, LA in the earlier part of the 1800's. Joseph's sister inlaw married a de Chausenelle (Deutch?) in Cuba grying to escape the Slave revolt, also. Luis Langier was Joseph's wife's grandfather, who also had a Plantation in SD/Haiti. This was part of the Huguenot land allotments, doled out by the British when some went to VA to begin colonization and others went to the W.Indies and Austrailia, etc...Gardners in America, married into the Bloom family, who'd been in MA, and ended up in KY...why I don't know...after the French lost the LA Purchase to the US Govm't...if any of this sounds at all familiar, please contact me?...Thanks much. SAMcClellan [email protected]