Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Gardner

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Susan

Susan Report 16 Oct 2004 10:03

I am trying to find any connection to my Great Grandmother Emma Gardner, who in 1883, gave birth to my Grandmother Alice Mary Gardner. At the time Emma was a domestic servant living at - The top of the High Street, Pontypool. No fathers name is mentioned. I know she had another child at some time called Florence Maud. Any info would be most welcome.

Charles

Charles Report 24 Nov 2007 21:34

Hello Susan , This is im afraid a shot in the dark ,but what was your G/Grans maiden name , would it by any chance be Gibble . Emma Gibble born 1841 in Bushley nr Tewkesbury. Rgards Charles Newman

Charles

Charles Report 14 Dec 2007 19:22

HI SUSAN , Ive been looking again at your Gardners and on the 1901 census (spelt Gardener) although it should say Gardner we have Emma ,living with James her son Emily Newman (Emmas Daughter) from 1st marriage and Florence M Gardner G/Daughter . Is that any help to you . Charles Newman