Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Gardner

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Virginia

Virginia Report 27 Jun 2004 12:10

CHARLES GARDNER, born c. 1816 (65 in 1881 census) lived in WINSEREDGE, AVENING, GLOUCESTERSHIRE., born in BISLEY, GLOUCESTERSHIRE. He was my paternal great great grandfather. In the 1881 census, his wife is Caroline (nee RISBY: they were married on 11th April 1841 in BISLEY), and those of his children who were present are George, Albert, John E. and Ellen. His 38 year old son (my great grandfather), also a Charles Gardner, and also a gardener by profession, wasn't at that address on the census day, but was at 6 Coxwell Street Cirencester and married to ANN (nee PEGLER: they were married on July 23rd 1866 in AMBERLEY) with three children, the oldest of whom (Henry Charles, but Charles Henry on his birth certificate and known as Harry, born 28th May 1867) was my grandfather. Any news about this family or ancestors or descendants will be very gratefully received.