Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Geary

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Simon

Simon Report 30 Nov 2003 01:37

Hi, I am looking for anyone related to Michael GEARY. He was born in the 1840s in Ireland (not sure exactly where) and first appeared in the England in Whitechapel in the mid 1860s where was he married to Margaret DOWNEY. Over the next 30 years they had 8 children together; Mary, Florence, Daniel, Anne, Michael, Elizabeth, John and William. Census entries show him to have been a Fruiterer. The family we living in Whitechapel Road around the time of Jack the Ripper, just around the corner from the places were the murders took place. You never know. Around the turn of the century Michael was commited to an insane asylum in Ilford. It is not clear what he was actually suffering from. Any extra info gratefully received. Thanks Simon

Linda

Linda Report 20 Nov 2007 13:11

My mother's maiden name was Geary and her grandfather was William Geary. On the Census of 1871 he is listed aged 43 - Bootmaker and I know that the family were based in the east end of London. William was the head of that household on that census, and his wife's name was Jane Geary born in Hoxton. There are no children listed at their address of 115 Old Bethnal Green Road, but I assume they would have all left home by 1971. Does this help? Do you have any more info about the east end Geary family?

amanda

amanda Report 17 Feb 2019 00:46

HI, I'm not sure if it is of any use, my Nans maiden name was Geary. She was born in mile end in 1906.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 17 Feb 2019 07:30

Amanda
Both postings are very old and it's unlikely either wouldn't be looking for replies now

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 17 Feb 2019 09:52

Linda has deleted her account

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 17 Feb 2019 12:18

Welcome to the boards, Amanda.

If you want to try contacting Simon, click on his name in green at the top of his post, and send a private message.
If he has kept his email address updated with GR, they'll send him an email to let him know there's a message for him.

HOWEVER -
there's no guarantee that he will be able or willing to read it or to reply.