Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

gibbs

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lisa

Lisa Report 4 Jul 2008 11:51

i am trying to find any GIBBS'S from HEREFORDSHIRE, my grandfather was born in 1920, his brother LEONARD was born in 1921, he had 2 other brothers and a sister, i was given some wrong info and i got everything wrong, but i think im on the right track now, my problem is i found out that my grandfathers mother died when my mother was 3 or 4 in 1962 or 1963 so the birth that i had for my grandfathers mother was wrong she was not born in 1888 as we thought it was 1879 and i cant find her birth anywhere can some one please help, and also help with finding my grandfathers brothers and sisiter they were AMY GIBBS, HARRY GIBBS and CHARLIE GIBBS was told CHARLIE had been in the war but later left went to work on a farm had an accident and died due to the accident

Julcoe

Julcoe Report 4 Jul 2008 12:13

You did not give your grandfathers name, but is this his brother ? ? ?

England & Wales, FreeBMD Birth Index: 1837-1983 about Leonard Gibbs
Name: Leonard Gibbs
Year of Registration: 1921
Quarter of Registration: Oct-Nov-Dec
Mother's Maiden Name: Parker <<<<<<<<<<<<
District: Bromyard
County: Herefordshire, Hereford and Worcester, Worcestershire
Volume: 6a
Page: 873

Perhaps your grandfather

England & Wales, FreeBMD Birth Index: 1837-1983 about Edmund Gibbs
Name: Edmund Gibbs
Year of Registration: 1920
Quarter of Registration: Apr-May-Jun
Mother's Maiden Name: Parker
District: Bromyard
County: Herefordshire, Hereford and Worcester, Worcestershire
Volume: 6a
Page: 1100

Lisa

Lisa Report 4 Jul 2008 12:16

EDMUND is my grandfather and LEONARD is my grandfathers brother

Ann

Ann Report 4 Jul 2008 12:24

what is your grandfathers mothers name

Lisa

Lisa Report 4 Jul 2008 12:36

upuntil a week ago i was always told it was AMY PARKER but found out when i had my grandfathers birth cert it was MARY JANE PARKER and she married a GIBBS

Terrisbox

Terrisbox Report 7 Jul 2008 23:08

Lisa, my uncle was called Leonard Gibbs. he was born in the Bromyard district 1921.