Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

grandfather and his twin,

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Teresa

Teresa Report 20 Aug 2008 15:15

Help!
I am looking for any information concerning Norman Leslie Gibbs and his twin Frederick V. Their births are registered on BMD Vol 8 page 633 4th qtr 1920. Their mother's maiden name is registered as Stratford. As far as my mother is aware her father and his twin were orphaned. Is this correct, how did they end up in Kidderminster and Leominster respectively?
Any help anyone would be willing to give would be greatly appreciated by both my mother and myself.
Teresa

Jayne

Jayne Report 20 Aug 2008 15:28

If you get one of their birth certs, it will give you their mothers full maiden name..then search deaths under mother's first and married surname.

Gibbs deaths are too many to search without a first name
best wishes

Jayne

Jayne Report 20 Aug 2008 15:29

What was the twins' father's name - I will see if I can find marriage for them

Teresa

Teresa Report 20 Aug 2008 15:42

Unfortunately the information I have put in the original message is all I have at the moment.
Thanks for your help.
Teresa

BatMansDaughter

BatMansDaughter Report 20 Aug 2008 17:40

Hi,

Popssible elder sister??

Births Sep 1919 (>99%)

Gibbs Gladys M Stratford Chester 8a 530

Dee

Teresa

Teresa Report 20 Aug 2008 19:32

HI Dee,
Something I was unaware of either a very strong coincidence or you have stumbled on a new relative.
Thanks
Teresa

Teresa

Teresa Report 20 Aug 2008 19:34

HI Jane, I'm presuming the father's name was Gibbs. Another helpful member has found a possible sister Gladys born 1919.
Thanks
Teresa

Teresa

Teresa Report 17 Sep 2008 22:17

Hi Jane, A while ago you offered to help try to find info on my grandfather's family, and asked if I knew his father's name. Whilst I have only his mother's surname - Stratford - , I have found out that his father's name was Alexander Gibbs and he was a butcher.
If your offer to try and find a marriage still stands I would very much appreciate the help as it is not one I can find.
Very kind regards
Teresa

BatMansDaughter

BatMansDaughter Report 17 Sep 2008 22:34

Hi Teresa,

I've been trying to find the marriage, nothing as yet. Came across a tree on Ancestry, it has;

Name: Alexander Gibbs
Birth: 1880 - Chester, Cheshire, England
Spouse: Stratford

With children Gladys and Frederick.

Dee x

Teresa

Teresa Report 18 Sep 2008 21:02

Denise that's great news, sounds like the same people. I don't personally have a subscription to Ancestry but our local history centre has free access and I think my cousin possibly does. I am checking that out with her as she is a cousin on the same side of the tree so we will need the same people.
Thanks,
Teresa