Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

James Gibbs

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Gail

Gail Report 22 May 2009 23:02

Hi All

I am trying to find family and especially Half brothers and sisters of James Gibbs born in Bristol 1908. We believe his mother remarried to Ivor Archer from Aberdare south wales, and we think went to live in Mountain Ash. Sorry do no have any more information.

Ricochet

Ricochet Report 22 May 2009 23:13

When would the marriage to Archer have taken place?

What was the mother's maiden surname?

Gail

Gail Report 22 May 2009 23:18

Thank you for your replys, I do not have any more info on James only his wifes name Mildred (Williams) and married in 1934, had two children Colin James Gibbs and Georgina Gibbs, with family in Mayhill Swansea.

Gail

Ricochet

Ricochet Report 23 May 2009 19:52

Gail

Can you re-think your date info.......it doesn't make sense.

You ask for half-siblings of someone born in 1908......then refer to a 1934 marriage.

I asked you for the maiden name of James's mother, as she would be the one who produced the children you asked about.

EDIT

Just checked freebmd.............no James Gibbs reg'd in Bristol in 1908