Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

R.A.F

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lisa

Lisa Report 6 Jul 2010 12:28

i was wondering if anyone can tell me where i can look for info on my grandfather, he was in the R.A.F but died much later and i have his number but nothin else i really want to find out a bit more so any help would be much appreciated
thank you lisa

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 6 Jul 2010 12:32

try the R.A.F.A.

The RAF Association (RAFA) : Support for serving and ex RAF ...
The RAF Association is dedicated to supporting serving and former RAF personnel and their families.

www.rafa.org.uk/ - 29k - Similar pages

http://www.rafa.org.uk/
The RAF Association (RAFA) : RAFA Welfare
RAFA Welfare information. ... Links & Info main · Information Sourcing · RAFA Microsites · Service Charities. RAFA Welfare information. RAF Association logo ...

www.rafa.org.uk/welfare.asp - 21k - Similar pages

Kay????

Kay???? Report 6 Jul 2010 12:32

Hi Lisa,

You cant I'm afraid as no RAF service records are hold online, only casualty and informaion from them can only be given to the next of kin,,,wife,son or daughter,,and only if the said person has died,with proof.

There is a payment fee needed for this service.

Lisa

Lisa Report 6 Jul 2010 12:41

thank u ann of green gables

George_of_Westbury

George_of_Westbury Report 6 Jul 2010 12:43

Here is the link to where you apply for RAF service records, It explains all.

http://www.veterans-uk.info/service_records/raf.html

George

Lisa

Lisa Report 6 Jul 2010 12:49

Hi Kay
thank you for the info, i have got his number and iv also read that i can get the info but need my grandmothers permission but i still dont kno where to for it, iv always been interested in it but dont know how to start.
Thank you Lisa

Lisa

Lisa Report 6 Jul 2010 12:49

Thank you george ill go and have a look
Lisa