Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Ernest Jefferson

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Ernest

Ernest Report 8 Apr 2005 22:07

William GIBBS born c1875 in Tissington, Derbyshire but farming in Brassington in 1901 census. Son of Thomas and Fanny GIBBS nee SWINDELL. Younger brother Fred went to the Boer War and then emigrated to New Zealand, married my grandmother and never returned to England. Sister Lucy married Charles WISE and died in London in 1952 while younger sister Elizabeth (Lizzie) never married as far as I know. Information particularly required as to descendants of William and Lucy or the family in general.

Sheesh

Sheesh Report 12 Sep 2008 20:43

Ernest, i'm trying to trace my family on my dads side but i am struggling with the Gibbs side of the family. As far as i know my relatives come from round the Butterton and Wetton area but i am hitting a blank. My Grandad was Harold Thomas Gibbs born 1915 died 1983, my great grandad was William Gibbs 1892-1961 he married Mary Prudence Salt 1894-1970. Is there any connection?
regards Sheila