Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Gibbs

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Graham

Graham Report 19 Mar 2007 22:27

Hi I am looking for information of my great grandfather Henry Wallace Gibbs at the time of my grandfather's wedding he was a compositor. He could have been living at 9 Vauban Street as that was where my grandfather John Frederick Gibbs resided at the time of his marriage. He married a Mary Jenkins on the 18 Aug 1920 at St Luke's Church Bermondsey. I have also had problems finding my grandparents birth details although I do know that Mary Jenkins birthday was 11 Feb 1902, (but she may have been adopted) and I think John Frederick Gibbs birthday was in the first quarter of 1902. I would be grateful for any information Regards Graham

Pam

Pam Report 26 Jan 2008 11:58

Hi Graham,

I have just joined this group and I came upon your request.

I have a Henry Wallis Gibbs born in Portland, Dorset, born 1894. Henry had a brother Richard, born 1891, Portland again.

I have his father as William Wallis Gibbs born 1861
who married a Mary, unknown surname.

If this is helpful, please let me know.

regards,
Pam