Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Gibson

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Susan

Susan Report 4 Dec 2006 16:28

Hi there just wondering if this rings any bells for anyone, were researching our family tree laings and molyneaux and from what weve found my grandfather robert laing was born in 1884 his siblings were lewis 1861 hannah 1887 and elizabeth 1882 now this is where it gets confusing robert is the child of james and jane but lewis is from james and isabella, seems to be James 2nd marriage? Also jane seems to of been married before, roberts birth cert states his mum as formerly known as Gibson and chapman and Hannah has the surname of chapman but changes it to laing later on according to the census`s. Jane was born in lanchester, we`ve had rumours bout my grandad flying royund for years I thought getting his birth certificate would answer a few questions but its opened up a few more! Seems on 1 census Jane was head of household and james was a lodger then by the next one they were married, if anyone can add to or clarify anything for me id be much appreciated Sue