Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Gibson

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Durham exile

Durham exile Report 29 Oct 2006 12:18

HI I'm trying to trace my g grandfather in the 1901 census. I can trace John William Gibson b circa 1863, his wife Jane and children Mary c1886, Elizabeth c 1887, Frederick c 1889 & William c1891in the 1891 census but cannot find trace of any of them in 1901.I know they had more children,(about 10 in all) one of whom was my grandfather John George was born in 1895 John W's father was John Gibson c 1830 and his wife was Phoebe and their children Anthony c1873 Joseph c1876 and Selina c1879 also show in in the 1891 census but no trace in 1901 ? They were born in and around Hunwick/ High Grange/ Bishop Auckland in North East England. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Many thanks