Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Godsell

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Katharine

Katharine Report 1 Jul 2007 21:11

My great-great grandmother, Fanny Curnock (nee Watkins) died in childbirth and her daughter also Fanny was 'adopted' by someone called Emma Godsell (they appear together on 1901 census as retired sick nurse and adopted daughter). However, because of the tragic circumstances of the birth of Fanny Junior, no-one really knows who this lady was, whether she was actually related to the family and if Godsell was a married name or a maiden name. Any information gratefully received to solve this mystery!

Robert

Robert Report 24 Jan 2019 16:18

Katherine,
What information do you require.......I can help......her father was the grandfather
of my wife.
Regards,

Bob Simmonds.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 24 Jan 2019 16:21

Katharine posted this nearly 12 years ago - and is unlikely to be looking today for a reply

Click on her name to send a message - if she hasn't changed her e-mail in the intervening years, GR will notify her