Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Leonard Greenwood 1904

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Simon

Simon Report 23 Aug 2008 20:55

I can't find anything on my great uncle Leonard Greenwood born in Manchester in 1904.

Did he marry?
Is he dead?

Can anybody help please

sablon

sablon Report 23 Aug 2008 21:15

found this

Births Jun 1903 (>99%)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Greenwood Leonard Rochdale 8e 8

The district Rochdale spans the boundaries of the counties of Greater Manchester and Lancashire

Simon

Simon Report 23 Aug 2008 21:18

I have and can't see any Manchester marriages.

He lived in South Manchester

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 23 Aug 2008 21:21

There are all these marriages in Lancashire at about the time he could possibly have married. He didn't necessarily have to have married in Manchester:-

Surname First name(s) Spouse District Vol Page

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Marriages Jun 1923 (>99%)

Greenwood Leonard Law Burnley 8e 430

Marriages Sep 1923 (54%)

GREENWOOD Leonard Hopkinson Rochdale 8e 36

Marriages Mar 1924 (>99%)

Greenwood Leonard Nuttall Haslingden 8e 191

Marriages Sep 1924 (>99%)

Greenwood Leonard Broadey Barton I. 8c 1387

Marriages Jun 1927 (93%)

GREENWOOD Leonard R Bracewell Rochdale 8e 107

Kath. x

sablon

sablon Report 23 Aug 2008 21:25

Marriages Sep 1923 (54%)

GREENWOOD Leonard Hopkinson Rochdale 8e 36
Hardman George Lord Rochdale 8e 36
Hopkinson Jane Greenwood Rochdale 8e 36
Lord Gertrude Hardman Rochdale 8e 36

Simon

Simon Report 23 Aug 2008 21:29

Thanks but he lived and worked in South Manchester not Rochdale

lancashireAnn

lancashireAnn Report 23 Aug 2008 21:52

if he lived and worked S manchester the 1924 marriage in Barton Island looks the best bet so far

Simon

Simon Report 23 Aug 2008 21:56

ann
I missed that, thank-you, I will get the cert