Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Greenwood to Wood

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Deborah

Deborah Report 17 Aug 2009 19:10

has anyone knowledge of Greewood that became a Wood family over the years. Non Conformists, John Wood +++ and a family name of Aylmer ? Thanks Deb

JaneyCanuck

JaneyCanuck Report 17 Aug 2009 19:14

Any particular country? Century? Is Aylmer just random, or do you know of a connection?

In all seriousness, Deborah. ;)

The odds of anyone who might have such knowledge seeing your post are ... oh, nil.

But the odds of someone being able to help you find something you're looking for, if you offer some more complete information, are better.

Deborah

Deborah Report 19 Aug 2009 18:40

Apologies for minimal information. i think i am looking prior to !6thC. Aylmer has appeared as a Christian name several times and it is so unusual that it stands out. Non conformist history has not been main stream info ,but have managed to trace back to c1690. The reason for Greenwood was that i came across a !5thc bio of a bishop Aylmer Greenwoood, his beliefs and switch or leadership to non conformity fit. Very tenous links but may spark recognition in someones memory bank . Counties of Glouc, Worcs, and Herts and possibly land holders in Hampshire. I have a more concise history available. Thanks Deb.