Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Jeanette Strudwick

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jeanette

Jeanette Report 11 Apr 2005 01:11

I am searching for information on my Grandfather's family. He was called William Frederick Greenwood. He had a sister called Lena (or Lenae) Who married William (George) Brown. William Greenwood married my grandmother Elizabeth Ann(ie) Lowings (nee Bruce) around 1914 or so in the Tottenham area of London. They had two girls one called Violet and another, my mother, born in 1916 called Ivy Ethel Florence. Violet died around the age of 5. My grandfather died around 1929-30. My grandmother had 5 children from a previous marriage to a Stephen Brittian Lowings. She died in 1923 in North Middlesex Hospital, Tottenham William's sister My aunt Lena died in the Liverpool area and her family lived in the same area. I know from word of mouth that my aunt Lena had a child called Annie and a son called George. George and his wife Peggy had a business some where around the Liverpool area.