Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Greenwood

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

poopydoormouse

poopydoormouse Report 8 Jan 2005 14:21

Im Jan , im trying to find my fathers roots and grandfathers. My grandfather is now dead, all i know about him is that he keeped a taylors shop at a place called Ramyards in Bedford high street, Bedfordshie uk.iknow this as he is listed in the shop keepers directory of 1927, however he was not listed in the 1931 addition.In 1951 he attended my fathers funeral, he was an old man at the time,his name is John Anthony Greenwood, if any one knows of this man or of any connections i may persue, please get in touch, thankyou,. Iam also looking for the birth place of my father Harry/Harold Greenwood, son of the obove J.A.Greenwood,he died in 1951 at the time when my mother met him he lived in bedfordshire in bedford at around 1925/26/27. he was aged 60 years when he died, or so the birth certificate says ,, he was tallish with blue eyes, he had in the past served in the armed forces and had a war wound in his cheak where a bullet had caught him,he was never married to my mother as she had been married and not devorced,my father was a good 10 to15 years older than my mother so he could veary well have been married befor as well, this may be the reason why my grandparents on my fathers side had no contact with them. My mother has been dead these past 15 years, and she took the knowledge to her grave. The reason i am giving all these facts is because im hoping that some one searching there family tree, may recognise this sinario, thank you very much for taking the time to read my message please help if you can