Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

John Hartley, Cumbrian farmer?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

macpark

macpark Report 13 Sep 2008 09:11

I am trying to find some backgroud on my biological father. His name was John Hartley and he met my mother when she helped her parents run Wasdale Hall on Wastwater as an hotel, probably in the early to mid 50's. My sister was born 1955 and then he disappeared. He obviously came back as I was born in 1960 and then he went off somewhere again. He was a farmer in the area I believe although my sister thought he may have ended up in Yorkshire. Apparently he was quite generous with his gene pool and there are quite a few of his offspring in the north of England!

Don't know if he ever married anyone. Think there is a strong possibility he could be buried in ST Mary's Church yard, Gosforth nr Whitehaven. It would have been before 1986 but perhaps not that long before. I believe he died of a coronary or something that was heart related.

All help gratefully received

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 13 Sep 2008 12:15

also on records board under another poster name!!