Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Canadian records-Please can anyone help me?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Luckylainey

Luckylainey Report 1 Dec 2008 19:46

Hello I am trying to find Irene Gladys Mary Hartley who was born in 1931. I think she was born in Loughton or Harold Hill Essex. I would be grateful if anyone knows of her or her whereabouts to please contact me.

Many thanks Lorraine

FAIRTHORN

FAIRTHORN Report 1 Dec 2008 19:51

BIRTH

IRENE G M mmn HUBBARD in ROMFORD between O/N/D 1931

Luckylainey

Luckylainey Report 1 Dec 2008 22:09

FAIRTHORN, Thank you for your help. I am hoping to try and find her now, for a friend, who is a relative of hers. Have been looking for a marriage for her, but it's not proving easy, but then it never is. I was just hoping one of her rellies might be on here and have Irene on their tree. Thanks again, Lainey.

FAIRTHORN

FAIRTHORN Report 1 Dec 2008 22:16

Problem is some people marry just using their first name ...........not found an Irene G M marriage yet.

Even checked in case she died in WW2

FAIRTHORN

FAIRTHORN Report 1 Dec 2008 22:22

HARTLEY Irene 1931 F 1958 Liverpool Canada Montreal

????? Hartley could be this IRENE'S married surname.

http://www.findmypast.com/passengerListPersonSearchStart.action?redef=0

Luckylainey

Luckylainey Report 1 Dec 2008 22:24

Oh Bless U Thank you. I have checked marriages from 1952-1965. There is no marriage for Irene G M Hartley but plenty as just Irene Hartley, unfortunately. I know she was still alive in 1951 and single although she was engaged to a soldier at that time. I will keep searching. Thanks again. Lainey

BTW I am pretty sure the birth is the right one.

Luckylainey

Luckylainey Report 2 Dec 2008 11:04

UPDATE

Thanks to FAIRTHORN I now have more information.

Irene Gladys Mary Hartley born 9th October 1931. Living at 9 Recreation Avenue, Harold Wood Essex in 1958. She left the UK on the vessel Empress of France from Liverpool. Destiantion Montreal Canada. We know that she was engaged to a soldier in 1951, was he Canadian? She was a housewife and single in 1958.

Luckylainey

Luckylainey Report 2 Dec 2008 22:50

Does anybody out there know how I can find a marriage for Irene in Canada and any subsequent births from that marriage. My friend is desperate to find Irene and I so want to help her.

Thank you, Lainey

jansmith

jansmith Report 2 Dec 2008 23:11

you might like to put Canadian records in the title ,someone may be able to help

Luckylainey

Luckylainey Report 2 Dec 2008 23:28

Thank you Janice I will do that.

jansmith

jansmith Report 3 Dec 2008 04:55

Googled and found this site,it says free Canadian marriage records?
http://www.atozmarriages.com/canada/

Might just be early records. It also links to a free 14 day Ancestry ca trial

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 3 Dec 2008 05:07

I'm the immigrant here, so I never have to use the Canadian records, but I do know the following.

Canadian bmds are under the jurisdiction of the individual provinces, there is no central registry. So you have to know which province she lived in or married in.

AND, there are very strict regulations on the number of years that must pass before records are relased for public view. I think it is 100/75/50 depending on which record it is.

So you might not be able to see any of her records.

sylvia

Luckylainey

Luckylainey Report 3 Dec 2008 18:27

Thank you to everyone for their input. It seems there is a privacy rule in Canada which is difficult to overcome, and subject to a 100/75/50 year rule. Unfortunately my friend cannot wait that long as she is searching for her birth Mother. She was adopted in 1952. Obviously her Mother will now be in her 70's so waiting for this time to pass is not an option. I would dearly love to help my friend locate her Mother and then the rest is up to her whether she contacts her or not. I think this is going to prove difficult though. I do appreciate the help I have received from all of you.

Lainey

jansmith

jansmith Report 3 Dec 2008 19:31

Are you getting the birth cert to find her parents names. You could then search trees on this site for them to see if you ccan get a link that way

Luckylainey

Luckylainey Report 3 Dec 2008 20:35

Thanks Janice, that will be my other way round the situation. I have been looking to see if Irene had any siblings as I thought I might be able to find her through her other relatives. Still trawling thru the births around 1931. Thanks for the input.

Lainey

Luckylainey

Luckylainey Report 4 Dec 2008 17:18

n