Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

thomas hartley

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jarvis

Jarvis Report 9 Dec 2008 17:03

hi boys and girls, could you please help me and expand on thomas hartley, he was born in derbyshire in or around 1830, he had three children, thomas hartley, born in 1860, he married mary ellen jarvis in 1884, the witnessess were william hartley and annie hartley, i dont have the mothers name, brian,

Pam

Pam Report 9 Dec 2008 17:10

For reference:

Surname First name(s) District Vol Page

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Marriages Dec 1884 (>99%)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HARTLEY Tom Rotherham 9c 928
Jarvis Mary Ellen Rotherham 9c 928

Ericthered

Ericthered Report 9 Dec 2008 17:25

By 'mother' do you mean the wife of Thomas snr?

If so, look on freebmd for the marriage reg'n, and compare with census info which will tell you her forename.

Samspade

Samspade Report 9 Dec 2008 17:36

What was Thomas snr occupation when his son was married?

Jarvis

Jarvis Report 9 Dec 2008 18:59

hi samspade, on the marriage cert the father was a labourer, thomas hartley the son was born 1860 was born in dronfield, 1860, the one you have posted is the wrong one, i have every thing about the son, i am trying to find out more about the father, thomas hartley, born, 1830ish, i dont know who is wife was, brian,

lancashireAnn

lancashireAnn Report 9 Dec 2008 22:13

If you have everything about the son his birth certificate should name his mother who is presumably the Thomas snr's wife you are lookimng for

Ericthered

Ericthered Report 9 Dec 2008 22:29

Look on freebmd.....as advised above!

http://freebmd.rootsweb.com/

Always go there FIRST............for any bmd's between 1837 and approx 1925.