Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Marie Ratcliffe

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Marie

Marie Report 13 Jan 2005 00:12

Hi I am looking for my grandad's brother's family. I know they were last known living in Elsecar near Barnsley. My Grandad was called Harold b.18.4.1903 he married Edna Crookes Stevenson on the 26.12.1928 at Heeley Parish church Sheffield. Harold had 1 sister Evelyn (spinster) and a brother called Edmund. He was married to Olive. They had 2 children Dorathy married to a John/ and Kenneth married to a margaret?. We lost conntact a long time ago. I know that some of the Hartley's originally came from Lower Bradfield. There are about 4 or 5 greaves there. Edmund's father was John Arthur born 1865 and married to Annie Elizabeth Reyner born 6.2.1873 and died about 1954. John had other brothers and sisters. Annie E born 1869, Albert born 1871, Joseph born 1873(grave at lower bradfield). John Arthurs father was also called John born about 1841 and was married twice. One unknown the other was called ellin born abt 1852. If you know where edmunds family is or you think you may be related to the other names please contact me. Many thanks Rie.